She needed it by June 10th. But I knew I had two others to make this summer, so I got busy crocheting at every chance. Ended up with this beautiful blanket.
I had quite a bit of white leftover, so I decided I would whip something up for the Youth White Elephant Auction. I only got about 1/3 of the way done before the auction, so I wrapped up what I had and sent it on to the church, offering to complete the blanket and add their choice of ribbon color. It was sold for a very good price of $25.
In the meantime, I've been posting a series on Fibromyalgia. To increase interest, I decided to do a giveaway. I found this lovely purple throw pattern and started it this week thinking I could get it done before I would need to finish the baby blanket. You can enter the giveaway here
The man who purchased the baby blanket, came to me Sunday and asked could I have it ready by Father's Day. His family is so excited because they just found out that the first girl in two generations will be arriving soon. So I best get back to the white one and get it done.
Oh ... and then he said, "I need another one by August!" for a boy!
A bit later, another lady at church came up and complimented my work. She saw the blanket at the auction. She wondered if I could make one for her.
So guess what I'll be doing this summer. And oh, my goodness, I almost forgot that I have one to make for family too! Ah! .....
In Stitches!


Love your stitches GiGi. I'll take a couple.
ReplyDelete