Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Stitching Gifts for Nieces & Trying Something New

My goodness just saw this never got published. 

I've been working feverishly to finish up some projects before Christmas. In between the orders, I made a few Christmas stockings. I thought it would be something simple I could work up and sell several for Christmas. They weren't hard to do; however, in the meantime, I receive some blanket orders that have taken most of my time. So the verdict is, Work on these next summer to have ready to monogram and ship. I'm excited about that option.




I shipped my first GA stadium blanket and the client contacted me immediately upon receiving it. She wanted me to make a guitar blanket for her grandfather. I agreed to do it. No that was a challenge, but just finished it this week in time for her to give it at a party this Saturday. I sure hope it looks good enough for her. I know I can do a better job the next time around.





I'm now working on this purple ripple blanket. When I ordered the kit I didn't think it would be too hard. What I didn't notice is that the yarn is 2-ply. These old eyes are having the challenge this time!



I have several waiting in line to be made after the first of the year and I need to find time to make the ones for family babies and weddings coming up this year. It's going to be a busy year.  Or I need to learn to work faster!

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment